When it comes to digital camera reviews, no other brand name resounds with more professionalism and quality than Canon. This brand has always stood for high quality cameras that everyone can use – from amateur photographers who just want to take pictures for leisure to the professional photographers who really make money out of this hobby. People have always relied on Canon for their digital camera needs, and this is only understandable with the wide range of products that they have available. The Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS 12.1MP Digital Camera for instance is one of the world’s thinnest digital cameras so it really comes with the advantage of portability. As a camera user, you can bring the camera with you everywhere you go and get high quality photos as a bonus. This Canon PowerShot camera comes with the following great features that have made it popular to a lot of people:
Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS Features
• The camera comes with a 12.1 MP CMOS and DIGIC 4 Image Processor. This is ideal for high-resolution shots and for shooting in low-light conditions without having to use a flash.
• The resolution also extends to the 1080p HD Video, which comes with a stereo sound. This means that you can easily take exceptional quality videos and you can access these videos with the dedicated movie button.
• Movies can be recorded at high speeds and replayed in slow motion. This is due to the Super Slow Motion Movie feature that allows slow motion playback.
• The 24mm ultra wide-angle lens allows you to take wide-angle shots
• The 5x optical zoom allows you to take shots from far away, and it also comes with an optical image stabilizer that minimizes the occurrence of blurry pictures
• The optical zoom also extends to the video function, so while taking a video you can zoom in and out. The Dynamic IS keeps the video footage stabilized even if you keep zooming.
• Point-and-shoot cameras have gone a long way, and this particular camera is capable of high-speed shooting with a high-speed burst mode that captures 8.0fps.
• ISO Settings enable you to adjust manually and even adjust the noise in higher levels.
• The camera comes with a total of predefined shooting situations, and the smart auto adjustment can automatically select the kind of setting that needs to be used.
Aside from these features, there are also Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS 12.1MP Digital Camera Advantages that really stand out:
Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS Advantages
• First, the ultra-thinness of the camera is really something that gives it an advantage over other models. The best Canon PowerShot reviews really mention that it’s hard to believe that a camera as thin and easy to bring as this one comes with all the right features.
• The versatility of this camera is also one of the things that are constantly mentioned in digital camera reviews 2012. Even with the thinness, the camera can take amazing pictures in virtually any shooting situation.
• You can say goodbye to dark photos with this camera, because it comes with an HS system that improves low-light shooting. Dark photos can really be a frustration, but with this new available technology it’s now being addressed.
Perhaps the only disadvantage that some reviews mention is that the optical zoom is only 5x, but for a point-and-shoot camera this is already very ideal, and the amazing features that the camera comes with makes up for it greatly.
These features and advantages are already so great, but when you take a look at what others say about this camera, you’ll realize that it’s really a gem in itself. Canon Powershot reviews from Amazon.com for instance say that even for a DSLR photographer who’s used to all the amazing features that a DSLR comes with, this PowerShot is something that gives good quality pictures and even better quality videos. The issue with a DSLR is that compared to a point-and-shoot, it’s not as portable and you can’t just bring it with you anywhere without worrying about where to put it. We really mention that for a camera so compact and so portable, the quality is exceptional.
When buying the Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS 12.1MP Digital Camera, I do recommend buying a few accessories along with it. The camera package already includes a battery pack, charger, wrist strap, as well as USB and AV cables. If you’re like me and you love shooting videos as well as time-lapse photos, I recommend buying a tripod. A good camera case that you can bring around will also help, and I even bought an extra battery just in case. You will also need an SD card with enough memory capacity. Depending on how many photos you like to take and whether or not you want to take a lot of videos, I recommend buying the 16GB SD card. This will allow you to shoot as many videos as you want.
All in all, this PowerShot model is really one to watch out for. It’s small enough and thin enough to fit in your pocket, but it comes with such great features that can satisfy the needs of photography enthusiasts. Compact cameras are really so easy to bring and you don’t have to worry about where to place them, so this is really a camera that I personally recommend. When you buy this camera, it’s also good to review the manual and really learn how to use the features. The features of this camera are really something to brag about, and as a camera user it would be best if you really learn how to use the features to take full advantage of them.
Also, reading the manual will help you understand how to care for the camera properly and to really use the features available. Depending on your taste, you can buy it in black, grey or even red. If you want a steady point-and-shoot that can give you high quality photos, this is the camera for you.
Leave a Comment